- Download and install the QuardRooter scanner app developed by Check Point Labs from google play store.
- Open the app and select “Tap to Scan” button.
- Application will scan your device for the vulnerabilities
- It will show the vulnerabilities present in your device if they exist or else your device is safe.
What is the solution?
As an end user, we need to wait for the patch update from the mobile phone manufacturers but we can follow these below best practices to keep our devices safe from cyber-attacks:
- Download and update the latest updates as soon they are released and available.
- Avoid downloading apps from the 3rd party or untrusted sources.
- Carefully check the permission requests before installing an application.
- Use known or trusted Wi-Fi networks; use verified networks provided by trusted sources.
- Have a mobile security solution that detects suspicious behavior or malware in installed apps.
Authored by Rajesh Rao
TCS Enterprise Security and Risk Management